If you have ever held any doubts about nut milks, or about going to the extra effort to make them at home yourself, then THIS is the nut milk to change your mind.
Recipe Courtesy of The Her Core – togercore.com
3 cups unshelled hazelnuts or 1 cup shelled
2 cups water
- Remove the nuts from their shells if not done already.
- Preheat the oven to 180C || 350 F and roast the nuts on a baking tray for 10 – 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly,
- Place in a clean tea towel and rub to remove some of the skins.
- Place the hazelnuts in a jar and cover with water and allow to soak an hour or two, or overnight.
- Strain and rinse, and then add to a high-powered blender with 2 cups fresh water. Blend until smooth and creamy, around a minute.
- Strain through a nut bag or cheesecloth until most of the liquid is removed.
- Store in a jar in the fridge up to five days.